For 150 years, the Comboni Missionaries have traveled to nearly every corner of the world, sharing the good news of Christ and working to protect the dignity of all people. Founded on 1st June 1867 by St. Daniel Comboni, the Comboni Missionaries of the Heart of Jesus (MCCJ) are an international Catholic organization dedicated to ministering to the world’s poorest and most abandoned people, often working in unstable political climate, in the midst of extreme poverty. Despite these challenges, our missionaries are dedicated to their mission of serving God’s people. Bishop Comboni died at Khartoum on the 10th October 1881, before he was able to consolidate his institution which he had envisaged on an international scale. After the destruction of the missions during the Mahdi revolt, his successor, Bishop F. Sogaro, petitioned and received from the Holy See permission to transform the Institute into a religious congregation.