Sunday 8 December 2019
We write this letter to you as we move towards the end of this year which has had the theme of interculturality as a theme for our ongoing formation. In the picture: Fr. Awuye Ruben Kwame Dodzi, MCCJ.
GENERAL SECRETARIAT OF FORMATION
To the Attention of:
All Circumscription Superiors,
All Confreres in-charge of Ongoing Formation
We write this letter to you as we move towards the end of this year which has had the theme of interculturality as a theme for our ongoing formation.
We started with a workshop in Rome that brought together all the representatives of the Circumscriptions to prepare us to animate all the other confreres. What we did was not so much academic and theoretical reflections, but rather we have tried to become aware, starting from our experience, of the gift and challenges that interculturality constitutes for our personal growth, for the vitality of our communities, for the witness of our missionary service. And we have developed methodological guidelines for living this journey this year.
According to the request of our General Chapter, every community, during and at the end of this journey, "in preparing and revising the Charter of the community, should foresee how to live the dimension of interculturality, in the various aspects of its life" (Chapter Acts 2015, 47 , 6).
We know what some Circumscriptions have organized to live this theme, but we would like to have a more global vision and your evaluation.
Therefore, we ask you:
1. What is the project that your Circumscription has developed to investigate this topic?
2. What was actually done to live this theme? At the level of the Circumscription, of the individual, community or of a group of communities, of the formation communities of your Circumscription?
3. What are the aspects that most attracted the attention of the confreres? What are the most important challenges that have been detected?
4. What are the difficulties encountered in carrying out the Circumscription project on this topic?
5. What are the proposals made by the individual communities to include in their Community Charter?
We know that you have many commitments, especially at this time, but we are counting on your collaboration to help us evaluate the journey we have made as an Institute during this year.
We thank you, assuring you of our prayer.
The confreres of the General Secretariat of Formation
Rome, November 12th, 2019